Baby Shower Gift Guide 2020
Hi friends! I remember before I had a baby, I had NO idea what babies needed. I never knew what to get friends or family as a baby shower gift. Now that I have a year of parenting under my belt, and lots and LOTS of products, I feel confident in sharing with you things I know babies (and their parents) will either need or love! I’m going to break down these baby shower gifts into “themes” to make it a little easier for you!
Baby Shower Gift Guide – Sleeping Essentials
Shop this Sleeping Essentials baby shower gift guide!
- Projection Night Light: My little girl *loved* staring at the swirling lights projected on her ceiling. I credit this wonderful creation to one of the reasons why she sleeps so well on her own. She still loves her night light, and we often catch her staring at the lights in her crib through our baby monitor.
- White Noise/Music Sound Machine: Our other saving grace- our white noise machine. We have two dogs, and so having a background noise going in her nursery is a life saver when they start barking at random things in our yard. We also have a portable white noise machine that we use in her stroller when we go to Disneyland, or also when she naps at Grandma’s house. I’ll link that one, as well!
- Halo Sleep Sack Swaddles: We are all about safe sleep over here, and these Halo swaddles make it so easy too get your little babe nice and tightly swaddled, since they have a Velcro closure. Because of a baby’s startle reflex, they like to be wrapped nice and tight, and these swaddles made our little girl feel so secure, and she wasn’t able to wrangle her way out of them, either.
- Halo Swivel Bassinet: There are so many bassinets on the market, but I love this one because is swivels 360 degrees, and the design makes it so you can get the bassinet right up to your bedside. That way you can keep your baby close to you, but safe in their own space!
- Baby Monitor: There are tons of baby monitors on the market, but I can only speak to the one we have, which is the Lollipop Baby Monitor. We love this one because the design allows you to wrap it around a crib or bassinet, or you can attach it to the wall. It also has a great app to view your baby with, and the app also will play music or white noise for your baby through the monitor.
Baby Shower Gift Guide – Bath Time
Shop this Bath Time baby shower gift guide!
- Bath Toys: As babies get older, bath time is one of their favorite activities! My little girl would spend hours playing with her toys in the bath if we let her. She loves the little floating balls, reading the bath books, and sticking the foam letters onto the side of the tub (even though she doesn’t know what they are haha).
- Mesh Hanging Organizer: These mesh hanging bags are perfect for storing all of baby’s toys and sponges while allowing them to air dry. Plus, keeps your tub organized for others to use without baby things all over the place!
- Bath Towels: A pretty obvious one, but of course baby will need a bath towel! Plus they make such darn cute baby towels.
- Baby Rinser: These rinsing cups are so neat! They are great at rinsing baby’s cute head without getting water in their eyes.
- Baby Sponges: In the hospital, they use/give you the coolest little sponge with soft scrubbers on the back that is perfect for bathing a baby. They don’t last the longest, however. So this pack of sponges is perfect to replace it!
- Baby Soap: Babies have such sensitive skin, they need their own special soap. I have loved the Aveeno brand baby soap, but there are many great options out there. And of course, you’ll need a lotion to follow up!
- Baby Tub: For the first while, babies need a little tub to bathe in. This tub is great, because it has the hammock attachment for newborns, and then grows along with baby as they age! I think it would be such a cute gift to buy a tub and fill it with bath essentials as your gift!
Baby Shower Gift Guide – Play Time
Shop this Playtime baby shower gift guide!
There are SO many different toys out there for babies. I linked some of my little girl’s favorites at different stages of her development. I noticed she really liked the “classic” toys- rattles, blocks, stacking cups, etc- they are classic for a reason! Babies need toys to help with tummy time, like the water mat. Toys to chew on while teething. And as she has grown, my girl loves the standing table and walking toy.
Baby Shower Gift Guide – Eating
Shop this Eating Essentials baby shower gift guide!
- Sippy Cup: As your baby grows, you’ll need a sippy cup! I prefer the ones with a weighted straw that works at any angle your baby holds the cip.
- Ezpez Dishes & Utensils: I love this brand’s plates because they suction to your highchair, which helps with messes so baby can’t throw the plate onto the floor haha. They also have great utensils and cups that are small and wide for little baby hands to hold. I suggest getting the pack that includes them all to save some money!
- Drying rack: You will be cleaning so many bottles and cups, it is nice to have a sanitary drying rack. This rack is great for holding up little bottles and lids!
- Bottles: There are also so many different bottles on the market, and babies can be picky with which ones they will take. If you are going to be breastfeeding and doing bottles, I recommend the Comotomo bottles- they are meant for breastfed babies and have an anti-collic nipple. Our little girl took to them right away, and we have loved them!
- Silicone Bib: I tried some of the cloth bibs for a minute… but I was constantly either having to do laundry and wash them, or I would have to buy a million of them to have on hand. I quickly bought a silicone bib, and it is a life changer! Just rinse it after every meal and you are good to go! One bib replaces the dozens of cloth ones you would go through!
- Bottle Sanitizer: These cool sanitizers save you the time of having to boil your bottles to sanitize them. They are definitely a want, not a need, but if you have room in your budget, they are nice to have!
- Cute high chair accessories: We have the Ikea Antilop Highchair, and their are some way cute accessories coming out for them on Etsy! I love getting these silicone placemats- they make cleanup so much easier than taking the entire tray off. Also- how cute are the cushion covers?? They have so many cute and trendy patterns for boys and girls, and a ton of gender neutral ones as well. Make your highchair cute!
Baby Shower Gift Guide – Clothes for Girls & Boys
Shop this Girl Clothing baby shower gift guide!
Shop this Boy Clothing baby shower gift guide!
Baby Shower Gift Guide – Essentials
Shop this Essentials baby shower gift guide!
- Diaper Rash Ointments: I think I’ve found a *great* combination for fighting diaper rash. I first put on a layer of Aquaphor Baby Ointment (this heals the diaper rash in a couple of hours) and then top it off with the Desitin Ointment (which protects from future diaper rash). Baby’s bum gets better in only a couple hours! Also- just a tip- when putting the Desitin on, you want to put that stuff on like you’re frosting a cake! A THICK layer will keep your baby’s bum protected!
- Gas Drops: My cousin gave me some of these drops at my baby shower and told me if my baby is crying and I’ve done everything I can think of, try giving her some of these drops- she’s probably just gassy! Poor babies don’t even know or understand all of the weird things going on with their bodies. These drops help!
- The BEST Diaper bag! You’ll notice this bag looks like a very popular (but very pricey) diaper bag. This bag is nearly identical, just doesn’t have the branding and is 1/4 of the cost!
- Diaper Changing Pads: These pads come in a three pack and are nice and big- I hated the little ones that didn’t cover the whole baby (especially when using a gross public changing table!) so these are great because baby doesn’t touch anything else. They roll up nicely and are machine washable! I keep one in my diaper bag, and one on my changing pad in the nursery, and a spare for when they get dirty!
- Humidifier: When baby is sick, a humidifier is so nice to help them breathe! Especially if you live in a dry climate.
- Nose Frida: Another item for sick babies! This Nose Frida is AWESOME at getting boogers out of baby’s nose! So much better than those little blue ball nose suckers! They are kinda weird to use at first, but so great!
If you liked this Baby Shower Gift Guide, check out these posts, too!
Amazon Baby Clothes Haul
Thanks for your Love and for Subscribing!
Thank you to all of my wonderful followers who have subscribed to me in all of my different social media outlets! I had no idea when I started posting random “#ootd” selfies on Instagram that it would become this amazing adventure! I really feel so blessed for getting to be a Modest Fashion Blogger in Salt Lake City, Utah! Thanks to getting me to where I am!
You can subscribe to my blog (above) and follow me on Bloglovin‘, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter! and pin, Pin, PIN away!
You guys are seriously the best! Thank you for supporting me in what I love to do!
Wendy LeeSeptember 1, 2020 at 8:08 am
The Halo Bassinet is a great choice. Also add in a swivel cabinet to keep diapers, nappy cream and other essentials really helps when you’re breastfeeding when everything is within arm’s reach.
Wendy Lee recently posted…How to Get a Baby to Latch On After Bottle Feeding: Easy Tips for First-Time Moms