Hi, friends! Today I am sharing something a little different than usual! I’ve been a little bored with my content lately, so I want to start doing more than just fashion to spruce things up again! A couple months ago I threw a fun baby shower with my sister’s for my brother’s wife. We decided to do a fun Woodland Theme Baby Shower, and loved it! I shared some of the photos with you guys at the time, and got a ton of questions/comments about it, so I figured I would share what we did in more detail, along with some cute (and free!) printables you guys can use.
Woodland Baby Shower
Red Mushroom Cupcakes
These are soooo easy. We made chocolate cupcakes, covered them in red frosting, and used white chocolate chips to create the dots on top! They were such a hit, and made such an impact for such little work!
This was my favorite food we made. I used to have a pet hedgehog, so they are near and dear to my heart! I also cheated with this food and bought two cheese balls from the grocery store and shaped them into a teardrop shape to make the body of the hedgehog. Then I took sliced almonds and stuck them all over to create the “pins” in the body. I used raisins for the nose and eyes (because they were already on hand). I used wheat thins (because they are my faaaave) but any crackers would work! Also such an easy treat to make!! (I forgot to get a picture before people started eating the poor hedgehog’s nose haha)
Build-Your-Own Trail Mix
Pretty self explanatory. I picked up a few different types of nuts, raisins, chocolate candy, and yogurt covered raisins. Get some little brown paper bags for people to put it in, and you’re all set!
Chicken Salad Croissants
Who doesn’t love Chicken Salad Croissants?? We bought the croissants in bulk from Costco (Yay for Costco!!), and made the chicken salad from scratch (You can buy pre-made chicken salad from Costco as well if you want to do that). I’ll link a recipe here for a good chicken salad if you want to make your own!
We also had green jello salad (Utah haha) with fruit punch and water to drink! But that’s nothing special :)
- Plants, plants and MORE PLANTS!! We wanted it to seem as much “in the woods” as possible. Luckily for us, my sister LOVES plants and practically has her own potted garden, so she supplied all of the real plants. If you are like me, however, and can’t keep a plant alive for more than a month, fake ones will do! I brought an assortment of my fake plants from around my house.
- We also brought any cute wooden decor we already had around. Wooden signs, wooden boxes, wooden cutting boards, wooden center pieces. It all adds to the woodland baby shower theme!
- I also picked up some cute little wood pieces from Hobby Lobby and scattered and stacked them around the table, along with some cute woodland animal toys (also from Hobby Lobby). They were both cheap and added to the theme!
- Some other cute accents to use: Burlap! Whether as a table runner, or strips tied around pots/vases, burlap will add a nice woodsy touch!
Free Woodland Theme Baby Shower Printables!
I created a couple of baby shower games for you to download FOR FREE!
Baby Animal Name Game:
Match the baby animal name to it’s adult name- No phones!!
Baby Word Scramble:
Unscramble the letters to form baby words!
Advice for Momma:
Let guests write out words of advice for the new mom-to-be!
Extra Baby Shower Activities:
- Sign In Book– We also had a children’s book that we used as a sign-in book for guests, which the baby can also read as they grow up!
- Decorate Onesies for Baby– We also got a big pack of onesies and some iron-on transfer paper, which we printed different woodland critters on and let guests cut them out and iron them on to the onesies. It was a lot of fun for the guests!
- Diaper Notes for Mom– We also had guests write notes on diapers for Mom, so she can read them for support in the middle of the night blow out sessions!